WELCOME!!!!!

WELCOME!!!!!
Hope you enjoy the blog; may it bless and encourage you!

Murphy Geer Toerner

My photo
Austin TX and Baton Rouge, LA, United States
I enjoy helping people. I am an encourager and I can see the good in others. I want people to understand what it means to be an authentic Christian and not just a religious "nut." I believe if Christians lived and loved others as Jesus lived and loved others, we would experience more of heaven on earth than hell on earth. These thoughts and writings are intended to encourage you to be who God originally designed you to be. They are also intended to challenge you and make you think. Also, I want you to know that I'm praying for you every day. Blessings, Murphy Blessings to you, Murphy

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hurricane Gustov

Well, it is so good to be on the internet again.

Hurricane Gustov totally disrupted the lives of everyone living in Louisiana and the Deep South.

Most of us have been without electricity for over a week. We have depended on the graciousness of our neighbors when they:
  • covered our roofs with blue tarps after the tree crashed through the house
  • they brought cooked food (they had to cook everything in their freezer due to no electricity)
  • they brought bags of ice; loaned generators, fans, batteries and everything else you can imagine.

There was a group page on Facebook so the members could "talk" with one another to find out what was going on.

Governor Bobby Jindal has done an unbelievable job and his leadership skills have been stellar. Thank God for someone who has surrounding himself with intelligent, thoughtful, foresighted personnel.

I hope all of you are well. I hope you have electricity a.s.a.p.! I hope you can take a hot shower or a hot bath and feel really clean. I hope the constant sound of generators will soon disappear and the mounds of trees and debris will soon be taken away from our curbs.

Love you all,
Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Murphy's website