Happy Valentine's Day!!!!
Murphy Geer Toerner
- Murphy's Devotions
- Austin TX and Baton Rouge, LA, United States
- I enjoy helping people. I am an encourager and I can see the good in others. I want people to understand what it means to be an authentic Christian and not just a religious "nut." I believe if Christians lived and loved others as Jesus lived and loved others, we would experience more of heaven on earth than hell on earth. These thoughts and writings are intended to encourage you to be who God originally designed you to be. They are also intended to challenge you and make you think. Also, I want you to know that I'm praying for you every day. Blessings, Murphy Blessings to you, Murphy
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
(Photo by Murphy Toerner, San Diego, CA)
As best you can, take note of the small victories in your life.
"A journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step."
The accumulation of innumerable "I'm doing better," will ultimately
bring you to the place of, "I'm well."
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
1. O LORD, how my adversaries have increased! Many are rising up against me.
2. Many are saying of my soul, "There is no deliverance for him in God." Selah
3. But You, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the One who lifts my head.
4. I was crying to the LORD with my voice, and He answered me from His holy mountain. Selah
5. I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the LORD sustains me.
6. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me round about.
7. Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God! For You have smitten all my enemies on the cheek; You have shattered the teeth of the wicked.
8. Salvation belongs to the LORD; Your blessing be upon Your people!!!! Selah
Always remember that your enemies are not flesh and blood.
Your enemies are Satan, his host of fallen angels, and the principalities of this world.
Your family, friends, co-workers, authority figures, spouse, children and others are not your enemies.
Also remember, what Satan means for hard, God ALWAYS means for good.
Therefore, look for the good in every situation. God is working in every detail even when you can not see His hand.
Much love, Murphy
Recently, I had the privilege of speaking at the Jefferson Baptist Women's Tea in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It was a wonderful experience.
The tables were gorgeous and the atmosphere was delightful. The name of the talk was, "Finding Rest in the Chaos of Life."
The very next week I had an opportunity to practice the very lessons that I shared with the ladies attending the tea. Although initially, I felt off-balance in a certain situation, I realized that God was giving me an opportunity to trust Him in the midst of a chaotic situation and when I chose to trust Him, I was able to regain His peace and His sense of perspective in the middle of a jolting situation. It was a divine experience.
If you are facing a chaotic situation, I hope that you know "God Has Your Back!!!!" If He is watching out for you, what do you have to fear? Nothing at all.
Bless you all,