WELCOME!!!!!

WELCOME!!!!!
Hope you enjoy the blog; may it bless and encourage you!

Murphy Geer Toerner

My photo
Austin TX and Baton Rouge, LA, United States
I enjoy helping people. I am an encourager and I can see the good in others. I want people to understand what it means to be an authentic Christian and not just a religious "nut." I believe if Christians lived and loved others as Jesus lived and loved others, we would experience more of heaven on earth than hell on earth. These thoughts and writings are intended to encourage you to be who God originally designed you to be. They are also intended to challenge you and make you think. Also, I want you to know that I'm praying for you every day. Blessings, Murphy Blessings to you, Murphy

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Appreciate the Little Things

(Photo by M. Toerner; November, 2008)

One morning the Lord woke me up about 4:30 a.m. Usually when He does that, it is because He wants me to pray for someone or something.  I never know 100% what He is up to, but it is always interesting. 

On this particular morning, the Lord impressed me to get my camera and walk out onto our covered patio.  I gladly did as I was "told."  In those initial moments, all seemed forever dark and still. In those dark moments, I witnessed the colors and light of the pre-dawn sky subtly, yet assuredly, transform into a new day.  It was amazing to behold; pure beauty.   

Through the entire experience, I sensed the Lord whispering, "Good morning, sweetheart."  It was as though He and I watched the initial hints of color press through the darkness.  The sky was a mixture of maroon and black.  It continued to morph into lighter and darker shades of pink and lavender.  The limbs of the trees effortlessly reached toward the heavens like hands greeting the day with welcoming arms.  The trees, the birds, the grass, and my own soul were mesmerized as we patiently awaited the transformation.  We were not disappointed.

Watching the morning unfold created a deep sense of wonder.  As the light slowly, softly changed, my heart, mind, strength, and soul felt the full impact of God's goodness and creativity.  It was simply amazing.  How precious it was of the Father to awaken me and invite me to join Him for the birth of a new day.  


What are some ways the Father manifests Himself to you?
Do you see Him in the little things in your life? 
Do you give Him credit for the beauty that surrounds you?  
What are you most grateful for?  

Don't forget that He is the Alpha and the Omega; the beginning and the end; the first and the last.  Let's appreciate Him in all things, even in the little things of life.  

Love, murphy  




2 comments:

  1. I love, love, loved that "Good morning, Sweetheart." How tenderly He sometimes speaks, laying out love in the skies, sending it on morning dew...

    ReplyDelete

Murphy's website