WELCOME!!!!!

WELCOME!!!!!
Hope you enjoy the blog; may it bless and encourage you!

Murphy Geer Toerner

My photo
Austin TX and Baton Rouge, LA, United States
I enjoy helping people. I am an encourager and I can see the good in others. I want people to understand what it means to be an authentic Christian and not just a religious "nut." I believe if Christians lived and loved others as Jesus lived and loved others, we would experience more of heaven on earth than hell on earth. These thoughts and writings are intended to encourage you to be who God originally designed you to be. They are also intended to challenge you and make you think. Also, I want you to know that I'm praying for you every day. Blessings, Murphy Blessings to you, Murphy

Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Mom

On February 25th, my mom Betty Geer (from Lake Charles) went to be with the Lord. She died peacefully in the hospital with my sister Karen and my niece Lori at her side.

As only God could orchestrate, my mom prayed to receive Christ on the Saturday before her death on Thursday. (She had prayed before, but the "fruit" of her interactions with family did not reflect her converstion(s).)

One of the greatest ways to honor the death of our parents is to choose to equally and amicably disperse the material things they left behind. I am very thankful for my extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Murphy's website