2. ANGER - at the person with Alzheimer's or others that no effective treatments or cures currently exist and that people don't understand what's going on. "If he asks me that question one more time, I'll scream."
3. SOCIAL WITHDRAWAL - from friends and activities that once brought pleasure. "I don't care about getting together with the neighbors any more."
4. ANXIETY - about facing another day and what the future holds. "What happens when he needs more are than I can provide?"
5. DEPRESSION - begins to affect the ability to cope. "I don't care anymore."
6. EXHAUSTION - makes it nearly impossible to complete necessary daily tasks. "I'm too tired for this."
7. SLEEPLESSNESS - caused by a never-ending list of concerns. "What if she wanders out of the house or falls and hurts herself?"
8. IRRITABILITY - leads to moodiness and triggers negative responses and reactions. "Leave me alone."
9. LACK OF CONCENTRATION - makes it difficult to perform familiar tasks. "I was so busy, I forgot we had an appointment."
10. HEALTH PROBLEMS - begin to talk their toll, both mentally and physically. "I can't remember the last time I felt good."
Pass this on to a caregiver you know!!!