WELCOME!!!!!

WELCOME!!!!!
Hope you enjoy the blog; may it bless and encourage you!

Murphy Geer Toerner

My photo
Austin TX and Baton Rouge, LA, United States
I enjoy helping people. I am an encourager and I can see the good in others. I want people to understand what it means to be an authentic Christian and not just a religious "nut." I believe if Christians lived and loved others as Jesus lived and loved others, we would experience more of heaven on earth than hell on earth. These thoughts and writings are intended to encourage you to be who God originally designed you to be. They are also intended to challenge you and make you think. Also, I want you to know that I'm praying for you every day. Blessings, Murphy Blessings to you, Murphy

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Psalm 13 ...

A Psalm of David

1. How long, O LORD? Wilt Thou forget me forever? How long wilt Thou hide Thy face from me?

2. How long shall I take counsel in my soul, Having sorrow in my heart all the day? How long will my enemy be exalted over me?

3. Consider and answer me, O LORD, my God; Enlighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,

4. Lest my enemy say, "I have overcome him," Lest my adversaries rejoice when I am shaken.

5. But I have trusted in Thy loving kindness; My heart shall rejoice in Thy salvation.

6. I will sing to the Lord, Because He has dealt bountifully with me.

Can you identify with the sentiments expressed in beginning of this Psalm? Have you prayed, "How long, O LORD? How long? Have you forgotten me? Are you hiding your face from me? My feelings of sorrow overwhelm me. It seems as though you don't care that my enemies are exalted above me. Don't you care that they are trying to overcome me."

Most of us have felt this way. During such times, we've felt discouraged; we've felt that God is very distant. We don't understand our circumstances. We don't understand what's happening to us and our loved ones. We can't understand God's inactivity."

David, based on this Psalm, seems like an every day Christian. Yet, at the end of the passage, he is able to trust in God's loving kindness. His heart is still able to rejoice because of the salvation of the LORD.

Many Christians can identify with the sentiments expressed at the beginning of the Psalm. However, we don't always resolve these feelings. We don't always process everything and come out on the other side. We don't choose to trust in God's loving kindness; nor do we value our salvation in spite of our troubles, losses, and disappointments. We camp out in the "I'm really mad at God stage."

Why do we do that? Why do we get stuck?

Are you more like David or the "stuck" Christians?

Spend some time praying; ask the Lord to help you know Him so well that you can cling to His goodness, loving kindness, and the gift of salvation in spite of your circumstances.

By doing this, I think God will help you handle the ever-present problems of life on earth in a more effective way.

Bless you all, murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Murphy's website