WELCOME!!!!!

WELCOME!!!!!
Hope you enjoy the blog; may it bless and encourage you!

Murphy Geer Toerner

My photo
Austin TX and Baton Rouge, LA, United States
I enjoy helping people. I am an encourager and I can see the good in others. I want people to understand what it means to be an authentic Christian and not just a religious "nut." I believe if Christians lived and loved others as Jesus lived and loved others, we would experience more of heaven on earth than hell on earth. These thoughts and writings are intended to encourage you to be who God originally designed you to be. They are also intended to challenge you and make you think. Also, I want you to know that I'm praying for you every day. Blessings, Murphy Blessings to you, Murphy

Thursday, March 26, 2009

What's Wrong

G.K. Chesterton (1874--1936) was an English journalist, theologian, philosopher, playwright, mystery writer, and  more.  Among his many great works are Saint Francis of Assisi, The Everlasting Man, The Man Who Would be Thursday, and Saint Thomas Aquinas.

When the London Times asked a number of writers for essays on the topic "What's Wrong with the World?"  Chesterton sent in the shortest reply and one that was to the point:



   Dear Sirs:
   
   I am.

   Sincerely yours,
   G.K. Chesterton



What is wrong with our world today?  

We are and unless we learn to love others and care about others the way Jesus did, there is little hope that the world will get better on its own.  Let us all work toward creating a better world.  

Blessings, 
Murphy


1 comment:

  1. What great humor and profundity in such a brief statement.

    I am. That's the greatest challenge and the greatest hope.

    ReplyDelete

Murphy's website