WELCOME!!!!!

WELCOME!!!!!
Hope you enjoy the blog; may it bless and encourage you!

Murphy Geer Toerner

My photo
Austin TX and Baton Rouge, LA, United States
I enjoy helping people. I am an encourager and I can see the good in others. I want people to understand what it means to be an authentic Christian and not just a religious "nut." I believe if Christians lived and loved others as Jesus lived and loved others, we would experience more of heaven on earth than hell on earth. These thoughts and writings are intended to encourage you to be who God originally designed you to be. They are also intended to challenge you and make you think. Also, I want you to know that I'm praying for you every day. Blessings, Murphy Blessings to you, Murphy

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Calcasieu Lake - View from my sister's destroyed house.

(Photo by M. Toerner 12/2008)
My sister's and brother-in-law's home was ruined this year by Hurricane Ike. This is the second time they have had to deal with a house ruined by a major storm. Rita took its toll just a few years ago.
They will be bulldozing their house in the near future. Please pray for Karen and Bubba. They are weary and worn thin. Doing this whole thing twice is beyond belief. Their spirits are still high and they are looking toward the future.
That's why I'm posting this picture. This is what one can see from their front yard. It is Calcasieu Lake in Southwest Louisiana. In this photo, the neighbor's wharf has been restored. It is a hopeful sight. Pray with me that they will be able to keep pressing through. In time, they will have a new home. God is faithful.
I sincerely appreciate your warm wishes and prayers (on their behalf).
Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Murphy's website