WELCOME!!!!!

WELCOME!!!!!
Hope you enjoy the blog; may it bless and encourage you!

Murphy Geer Toerner

My photo
Austin TX and Baton Rouge, LA, United States
I enjoy helping people. I am an encourager and I can see the good in others. I want people to understand what it means to be an authentic Christian and not just a religious "nut." I believe if Christians lived and loved others as Jesus lived and loved others, we would experience more of heaven on earth than hell on earth. These thoughts and writings are intended to encourage you to be who God originally designed you to be. They are also intended to challenge you and make you think. Also, I want you to know that I'm praying for you every day. Blessings, Murphy Blessings to you, Murphy

Monday, January 19, 2009

Tough Questions

Do you know someone who struggles with a root of bitterness?

Bitter people are some of the toughest people in the world to love or be around, aren't they? Someone asked me, "Do you think bitter people will go to heaven?" My first thought was, "Wow! Interesting question!" My reflective thought was, "How do I answer a multifaceted question? The only way is by seeking God's heart, His truth, by seeing the hidden dynamics of the situation, and knowing their spiritual condition."

Some Christians do not seek such things from the Lord when answering tough questions. Instead, they operate with a "shoot from the hip" approach; which is ultimately more foolishness than wisdom. Black and white or polarized thinking is founded on man's pride and the results are criticism, snap judgments, and quick condemnation; all of which is the fodder of disillusionment with Christ and organized religion.

God is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent. He sees that which is hidden and brings into the light that which is covered. He knows the facts of every situation; the history of every life. He is fully aware of the lies and misbeliefs we believe; He understands the "why behind the what." He is the sole righteous judge; He alone meters out justice. His character is love and He perpetually extends grace and mercy to His children.

Who is better equipped to make wise decisions and accurate judgments? Whom will you emulate when searching for divine answers and perspectives?

Muchly,
Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Murphy's website